There are many benefits to converting to natural gas over oil. Every day in New Jersey, hundreds of people convert to natural gas. There is obviously a cost associated with this type of project – changing mechanical equipment and running gas piping. Obvious benefits:
- Natural gas is much cleaner to use
- No more oil smells in your home
- No more dust and soot surrounding your system
- The equipment designed for natural gas is much more efficient to run. Further natural gas burns at a much higher temperature giving it a rating up to 98 AFUE – oil systems average 85 AFUE. AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of a gas furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel to energy, by further projecting the average thermal efficiency for a complete heating season. A higher AFUE rating means greater energy efficiency.
- Natural gas on an average is 30 – 50% cheaper than oil
- Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil. It then makes it much more environmentally friendly to use.
Precision Tech Home Services
September 14, 2017