There are many benefits converting to natural gas over oil. Every day in New Jersey, hundreds of people convert to natural gas. There is obviously a cost associated with this type of project – changing mechanical equipment and running gas piping.
- Natural gas is much cleaner to use
- No more oil smells in your home
- No more dust and soot surrounding your system
- The equipment designed for natural gas is much more efficient to run. Natural gas burns at a much higher temperature giving it a rating up to 98 AFUE – oil systems average 85 AFUE. AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of a gas furnace’s efficiency in converting fuel to energy, by projecting the average thermal efficiency for a complete heating season. A higher AFUE rating means greater energy efficiency.
- Natural gas on an average is 30 – 50% cheaper than oil
- Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil. That makes it much more environmentally friendly to use.
There are many benefits for converting to natural gas. Many of our clients used Home Performance with Energy Star. This program will give you up to $4,000.00 in rebates for making your home more energy efficient. They will also finance your installation for 7 years at 0% interest. On average most people save 25 – 40 % on heating costs.
Schedule a free whole home energy audit today!